Current mood: hot
So Lisa and I bought bikes this weekend. Its the first time I've had a bike of my own. All the rest of my bikes were my sisters and were hand me downs. Not that I'm complaining, but there is something different about your own bike. I picked it out, it's just right for me. It's quite frankly exciting. We went on our first bike ride on Sunday. We went to the Soos Creek trail, because honestly, its flat Sunday was a scortcher (sp?) when we left around 11am it was 88 degrees, when we returned about Noon, it was 91. Lisa and I biked so hard that we raised the temperature 3 degrees.
I did a really good job, and only fell off my bike 2 times, both times happend to be at the same spot and luckly into grass. I'm sure I looked like a complete idiot, but at least I'm trying.
All in all we did really well, we did about 2 miles. My body hurts, mostly in my behind area. Bike seats are brutal. We plan to take weekly rides, so if you know of any good (and by that I mean flat) trails for riding bikes msg me.
Lisa and I also got an air conditioner this weekend. Boy is it nice. I think I might even convince Lisa that we need one for the upstairs as well as the downstairs. Did I mention it's hot in Seattle right now?I also got elected to my synogague's board this weekend. I'm still not sure how I feel about this, I know that to make our synogague work we have to have volunteers, but I am concerned that I won't be taken seriously and my ideas will be shot down. It should be an interesting oportunity. Lisa and I have also agreed to teach Sunday school and this weekend we found out we'll be teaching 2nd and 3rd graders. This is fufilling one of my desires as a child to be a teacher. Later in high school I decided that being a teacher didn't pay enough - what's really funny about that is Lisa and I will be volunteering . I think that this will be a fun experience, as Lisa and I both enjoy working with kids and it will give us an opportunity to learn more about Judiaism.
Lastly I'll give you an update on my life after surgery. I am doing well. I finally found a calcium supplement that I'm willing to take (tastes a lot like starbursts). My protein shakes are going well. I don't totally detest them - but I'm sure there will be a point that I do. My goal right now is to add more protein to my diet. I think I am getting about 40 grams of protein a day and I need to increase it to at least 60. So I'm focusing on eating protein, wish me luck. I have lost a total of 46 lbs. And I really feel it. I feel prettier, and feel more active. The thing I like the most about the weightloss is the desire to go out and do things. I am not so driven by being in bed and doing nothing. Now going out and doing something (biking, swimming, gardening, cleaning the cars, etc) is more exciting to me.