Friday, June 2, 2006

Lost 2 skirts this week

Current mood: optimistic

So I knew that they didn't fit anymore when I would walk fast and they would slowly work themselves almost off of me. One of them is gone for good, there is no way that I can alter it to make it fit, the other one I think that I can add darts and make it last a little bit longer. Its nice to be downsizing out of clothes. I bought a skirt today from Wal-Mart and it is 6 sizes smaller than what I was wearing 2 years ago! It's still a little tight, but it will give me incentive to continue down the road I'm at.

This week was filled with firsts. First there was completing our backyard. It's mostly done - at least as much as we could afford right now. Our next steps include adding flower beds and a fountain. We got the whole patio in plus a pad for our 3 person swing. We found a really cool swing at Lowes that is not only a swing, but it can also be a hammock and it was only $99 so it was right in our budget. This weekend I have to finish spray painting the patio table and chairs since it was pouring down rain last weekend. Lisa and I had to change clothes SO many times - it was crazy, but well worth it. In a month when our lawn has grown in and the backyard is awesome we won't even remember how tired, cold and wet we were.

Then there was the downsizing out of my 2 skirts. Which while it means I have to go to goodwill to shop for more clothes, also means that I am losing the weight like I wanted to.

My last first was a sad first....this morning the vanpool made a stop at Krispy Creme where I had my first and last Krispy Creme since surgery. I got about 1/4 of the way through it before it made me incredibly nauseous. It was something I had to try, if I didn't there might be a craving someday. At least now I associate the Krispy Creme with wanting to vomit.

I am doing better with my protein shakes, I drank all of this week, although I tried to make one on Wednesday with fruit juice and it made me want to vomit. So instead I bought one at the store made by Odwalla - still made me want to vomit, but not as badly. I shall just keep trying different shakes until I find one that is "perfect". I have lost a total of 38 lbs in 6 weeks - not to shabby. I think I lost a lot this week because I wasn't really eating when I was ill and because of all the excercise that Lisa and I got when we were re doing the backyard.