Monday, June 19, 2006

Can't believe it's June

Current mood: hopeful

And the middle of June. Seems like just yesterday time was dragging until I had my surgery and now tomorrow will be 2 months post-op. I've started to hate parts of my body. Which is an abnormal thing for me, I have always like my body (for the most part) but recently I have noticed things and I'm sure its due to weight loss - strike that, its due to rapid weight loss. I have these fat pouches at the top of my legs, Lisa says they've always been there, but now I can see them and they bug me. My arms are wiggly - not to say that they haven't been wiggly in the past, but they seem to be more wiggly. My belly looks more like cottage cheese, I know its gross, but I'm being honest. There are a lot of things I like. My face is my favorite, I think I look happier without so much fat on my face. And when I look at my profile picture I don't think it looks like me. I love that I fit into clothes well, and that I seem to have better range of motion. I love that I walk faster than other people in the office. And I am the first one to the top of the 3 flights of stairs that you have to climb to take the train. (Its an overpass over the tracks). Best of all, after being the first, I'm not winded. I could carry on a long conversation and still have my breath.
I have goals for this summer.
1. Buy a bike and go on a long (longer than 5 miles) bike ride
2. Start doing aqua aerobics again (tomorrow is our first night back)
3. Spend more time outside than inside this summer So I guess I had less than I thought. But those are still good goals. And very accomplishable (I don't even know if that is a word).

Also on a note that has nothing to do with me, mostly. Go out and buy the Dixie Chicks new CD, for a few reasons. Number 1, their music is awesome. Number 2, They are being ostrasized (sp?) by right wing dumbasses, because they are ashamed of our president. And quite frankly we should all be ashamed of our president. I have their song "Not ready to make nice" on my page. It's very touching, and brought me to tears the first few times listening to it. It was a song they wrote in response to the response they got after making the comment "I am ashamed that our President is from Texas." (Their home state) People were down right mean, and they don't deserve it. So support them. **Steps down from her soap box**