Monday, July 3, 2006

I hate my mouse

Current mood: contemplative
Have you ever had one of those days were your mouse chooses to do its own thing? You're trying to play an innocent game of ladybugs (don't ask) and all of a sudden you click and your cursor was on the exit button? I know I didn't put it there but for some reason it was there. I think the culprit might be that I need a new mouse pad with more defining lines, since I have an optical mouse, and they use lines to figure out how to move. Right now I just want to tear the mouse out and throw it away!

Now that I've rambled on. Things are going well. Our best friends came to visit this weekend. They will be moving over here in the fall and I am so excited. They were really the first friends that Lisa and I made after everyone that we knew stopped being our friends (after we came out). Plus they are just like us. I never feel compelled to hide who I really am, because they understand, and they accept who we are and what our relationship is. We haven't seen them in almost 18 months, but you wouldn't know it from the way we act when we are together. It feels like we are transported back in time and we still live close to them and still go out together as a foursome. It's awesome. As corney as this may sound, if Lisa is my soulmate for a partner, then our friends are our soulmates for friends. I am very glad they will be moving over here. It also puts more delema on my move to Texas. Not sure if I've mentioned that my boss has offered me a position in Austin, TX. I feel very conflicted. While I like what I do, and I like the company I work for, I'm not sure I want to move to Texas. It would mean that Lisa would have to find another job, we would leave my family, we would be moving around the same time that our bestfriends relocated, and the home that we just bought. On the flip side, it could be a good move for us financially. We could love Texas. Austin is very liberal (they say more than Seattle). The housing market is better and we might find a home that we love even more. Some days I am right there with moving. Excited for the things that would bring us. Other days all I can think about is how scary that is. When my parents decided to get married my dad moved my mom and their 2 children to Kellogg, ID. And when I ask my mom, she says that those months were terrible, but she's glad she went through them because she ended up in Seattle and she loves Seattle. Those thoughts make me want to pick up and move. Knowing that we would be abandoning much of our life (being on the synogague board, being Sunday school teachers, taking a hebrew class, taking water aerobics, taking an intro to Judiasm class, missing out on weekly dinners with my mom, being so far away from our network of friends and family, etc) makes me want to stay. Its like we *just* got into a grove and things are working well for us.

On another note, things are going well for me. We took another bike ride this weekend. With a new seat I was able to bike longer and stronger. We did 3 miles (I think). We are going to go on a bike ride tomorrow, but other than that our day is clear to relax. I have lost a total of 48 lbs. Still I am searching for a protein drink I don't get ill from. Sadly Odwalla now makes me a little ill. Any suggestions are gladly accepted.