Current Mood: Happy!
So I finally finished taking all of my blogs off of myspace and putting them on blogger.com. As I moved the 70 or so posts the thought did occur to me - why the hell are you doing this - but alas, I did it anyway.
And one of the last posts I had about my job was being lost. Its much better. Some days are better than others. But I think I've kinda found my groove. I'm qualifing leads, but the exciting part of my job is planning a tradeshow in October.
Wanna know my budget? Are you sitting down, AND holding on to a chair, because I seriously almost fell off my chair when I found out. $70K. I'm not kidding.
So you have to know I kinda have 2 bosses. One of them is my real boss; I answer to him and he tells me what to do (kinda - I have to be a self thinker in my job and get things done without direction) And the other boss is our COO. I've known him for over a year and he was smitten with me; so much that he "created" the job for me so that I could come work for him. He's not smitten in the normal way - we just really get a long and can shoot the shit for hours. He lives in Ballard and his daughter goes to a charter school where he is the ONLY dad that wears a suit and doesn't have a pony tail. AND he pays attention enough to know it :)
So we have a meeting to discuss the plans for this party. I'm expecting a 10K budget. 10K for 3 days of exhibiting, and a reception for 150 doctors. I seriously almost fell of my chair when he said that he thought that 70K should do it, but if we thought that we needed more we'd just have to have the sales guys sell a few more contracts. It's like I get to plan a wedding, and not pay for it. PLUS I get to go to Chicago to do it. AND he said that even if it is difficult for Lisa and I to travel with the baby - we should still do it since Chicago was a great town.
I have to admit that I'd love to go see Wicked, or (I can't think of the names) other broadway shows. And nothing is better than my company paying for me to go. AND I get to plan an event at an amazing venue, with an amazing caterer? Life just doesn't get any sweeter.
I'm truely glad I fell into this job. I know that my boss tells me he hired me because he knew I was the person to get the job done, but I feel like I'm in LaLa land. I work at home so I can see the baby (mostly) any time I want, I get a lot of work done, I'm make dinner every night, and Lisa and I have fallen into a nice routine. And even if most people think a routine is boring - I love it!
AND I realized I haven't really updated you all on the baby. She is growing like a beautiful flower. She steals my heart every time she smiles at me. And she is really getting the hang of smiling and laughing at people. But I can't believe how fast it is going. She will be 16 weeks on Wednesday. She is trying to roll over - we help her by pushing her leg all the way over each time she pushes off. Soon enough we won't be able to leave her anywhere. Not that we really do, but I think I'll be more cognisant of it once she really starts to roll. She is a very smart baby - she knows the instant that you take the camera out, she should stop smiling. Which is VERY sad because she has a beautiful smile, with adorable little dimples. Her 3 month pictures showcase them. Speaking of the baby - she just coo'd so I'm off to go change her pants.