So in the last week Stellanne has started to do quite a few things that are "new". Some of them are funny; but at the same time not good.
The funniest and worst one is that she swears. No, not english swear words; but baby swear words. And should I ever be lucky enough to catch her on video doing it you will understand. She is at the point where communication frustrates her; and when we don't give in to her wants she wants us to. So this has lead to her screaming; baby giberish, swear words. The first time she did it; Lisa and I just busted up into laughter. So much; that Stellanne stopped throwing her fit.
I can feel it coming; she parrots everything we say - some day soon; I'll be writing about Stellanne's first "FUCK". It will be here sooner than I expected :) Which is "kinda" funny.
Stellanne is now also into biting; but I'm not sure that I'm unhappy about this. While it is frustrating; she bites herself; which I assume is a self correcting issue. She leaves little bite marks on her hand; which I would be concerned about (someone thinking we are hurting her) but she leaves definite impressions and my 4 front teeth are a LOT bigger than her 4 front teeth and luckily you can tell. Hopefully she will grow out of this soon; but I hope that she doesn't graduate to biting other children...which is my fear.
And so here we get to the last thing Stellanne has "learned" Tonight we went to Target to get Stellanne some new shoes. While on vacation her feet grew out of all of her shoes. So we pull into the shoe isle and Lisa is drawn to the converse baby shoes. I leave Lisa, Stellanne, and my Mom with the cart to seek out the cheaper baby shoes. All of a sudden I hear....
"JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJUH-ETTTTTTTTE" over and over again.
Sureal - Stellanne was screaming my name in Target. She wanted me to see her in the shoes that Lisa had just put on her. And she clearly made the connection that Lisa calls me Janette. I told Lisa that it meant she yelled at me more than I yelled at her since Stellanne doesn't yell her name yet. But we did decided that when Stellanne does start yelling her name it will be "Lisa Colson" Which is what I call Lisa :) Pisses Lisa and my Mom off; but Lisa doesn't always respond to Lisa; and she always responds to Lisa Colson with "That's not my name".
One last comment on Stellanne yelling my name? She knows that she's not supposed to do it; and when it got my attention; she laughed. She's been trying it out all night; and laughing each time she does it. Such a smart kid....but geez; wish it was something else.