So today marked the most embarrassing moment as a parent for me. We decided to head in to the town of Lahaina for sight seeing and shopping. My mom was dying to head to Halo Hatties for an authentic MuMu; so we started there. Halo Hatties is kinda cool; not just a clothing store, but mostly. Lisa picked out a hawaiian shirt and then Stellanne and I got outfits to match for a family picture. And then we decided we were hungry.
So we headed to Bubba-Gumps. We got sat out on the lanai, right on the ocean. And then Stellanne had the blow out of all blow outs. And not only was is soaking her, but had spilled out all over her seat and the ground. Stellanne barely noticed...until I went to see what time it was and I pulled the backpack out from under the table to find a not so good surprise. And believe it or not, that really wasn't the embarassing part. Having to hold my screaming toddler wrapped in paper towels while "running" her to the bathroom was the most embarassing.
But then we have a lot of things to be thankful for. First, she could have been sitting in the backpack when she had the blowout, which would have been all over Lisa and not a high chair. We had just taken off her under onezie and shoes because we thought she might be too hot; and we were out on the lanai, not in the middle of a whole bunch of people.
After our clean up; we did get to eat some great food. My mom and I split the fish and chips which was a lightly breaded mahi mahi. And Lisa enjoyed a barbeque. Then we had a great time visiting the little shops in Lahaina. And the Banyan tree.
We spent so much time shopping and sight seeing that we didn't get a chance to snorkel; because by the time we got home the wind had kicked up and I've heard that doesn't make for good shoreline snorkeling.
Tomorrow we are heading out early to do the Road to Hana. I'm excited to see all the beautiful sights.