Monday, December 15, 2008

Stellanne is an amazing little girl

So out of the blue Stellanne started catching the kisses I would blow to her. At first, I thought it might be a fluke...kids her age do so many things that unless they do it more than say 3 times...you really can't correlate it. But she really got that she was supposed to catch the kiss.

She amazes me nearly every day. She has the same sense of humor that Lisa and I have, which shouldn't surprise me, but it does. I'm sure all parents feel like this when they see their traits come out in their child. I think it makes more of impact on me because Stellanne isn't genetically related to me. ( It doesn't change our relationship, at least not now. I fear that some day she will hold our lack of genetics against me. But then I think that I held my genetics against my parents so its pretty much a wash. )

She is like me in so many ways that don't match Lisa. For example, she loves artichokes. Lisa hates them. In fact I think she detests the nights I make them because of the smell in the house. But Stellanne will happily share my artichoke. My oldest sister taught her kids (until they were smart enough to know better) that the hearts always went to mommy. Hopefully Stellanne will follow in their foot steps....at least for a little while.

Stellanne also has my mis-behavior. I guess it's not good. But it does make Lisa and I laugh. You can literally tell her no in a stern voice and she look at you and smile as she continues to do what you just reprimanded her for. My guess is that she'll be just like me and that spankings will have little impact upon whether or not she completes a forbidden task.

For now, I'm just amazed at my little girl. I guess I'll just let life come at us, rather than waiting for things that may or may not happen.