I'm pretty sure that Lisa and I put Stellanne in school so that we'd get take home art that we didn't really have to "work" on. Don't get me wrong. I like to work with Stellanne, and making her first Christmas ornament was fun, but not fun all at the same time. She's rather unruly. And I can't quite explain to her, a 13 month old, why she needs to sit still to do this project for mommy. I coun't my blessings that she sits still long enough for me to put a pony in her hair. AND that I do it so often, that we actually have a baby sign for it. And if there wasn't hard evidence before that you can train your baby to do something like a dog, there is now. Because I have trained Stellanne to say "Pony, Please" like she likes it....I'm sure she hates getting one, but she likes to have it once it's there. (I'm off subject....I know)
Anyways, today my mom (who drops off and picks up Stellanne from school) brought home Stellanne's first piece of art work. And Stellanne being the total cheeser that she is, when you point to it and say, "Who did this? Who's feet are those?" Grins from ear to ear and scrunches up her little body, like she is so tickled that she did it. I'm not sure she remembers, but more likely associates it with the game that she plays with Grammie "Where did your socks go" where she takes her socks off in deliberate manner in front of Grammie so that Grammie will use her "stern" voice to say "Where did your socks go?" Makes Stellanne belly laugh!
We are so excited to have our first school treasure from Stellanne. As a side note, I got a great I idea from my sister, and rather than keeping all of Stellanne's school projects (although we will probably keep this one because it was her first) We are going to take pictures of all of them and do a year by year photo book. That way we get to keep all the memories, but not all the bulk.