Sunday, December 21, 2008

It might have stopped snowing.....

As I sit here, it might have stopped snowing. Hard to tell but I don't see flakes glowing in the street light. So we will have a white christmas and I can't wait.

Lisa said tonight that near Christmas, she thinks I forget that I'm a jew. Which I don't. I read in great vigor the Hannukah story tonight. Stellanne thought I was histerical, and amused that it was story time at dinner time. BTW, Happy Hannukah to all my jewish peeps, and peeps that like to celebrate Hannukah (although I can't say I know anyone that's not jewish that celebrates Hannukah, but I know LOTS of people that aren't christian that celebrate Christmas). We had a VERY jewish meal, Split pea soup with ham and Latkes. YUM! We lit the candles and Stellanne opened her first official Hannukah present. She then proceeded over to the Christmas tree to continue to fun of opening gifts by opening one of her Christmas gifts. I suppose I'll re-wrap it tonight.

This year is grand. And not just because things are going so well for us, but I really feel the holiday spirt this year. It's not by any means our most expensive christmas, in fact, because we are buying a house this year, it is less than extravagent. But it seems that snuggling on the couch and just talking or watching Stellanne have occupied the most of our time. Family time has been amazing this year. And to top it all off -- we'll get a white christmas. YEAH!!!!

My most favorite Christmas was a white christmas. I think I was 9 or 10. Infact I'm pretty sure I was 10 - we got something like 10 inches of snow. There is this picture of my sister and I standing on our front door step all bundled up (think Christmas story) There was so much snow, that we actually made snowmen. I believe this was also the year we attempted an igloo, but I think we always attempted an igloo when it snowed. Who knows what the mystic was...but it was there. This year we actually got the igloo made about half the way. And then the whole dome thing eluded us. And there was no way in hell that my dad was going to freeze his ass off to help us build it. Funny how as a kid, your cold, but your having so much fun it doesn't seem cold. As an adult, I've barely taken 10 steps outside. Instead, I prefer to look out the window and the beautiful blanket of white. Plus, kids always have snow clothes. My jeans will soak very quickly....and I'm not into freezing. I'm pretty sure these were the same sentiments that my dad had.

And if you thinnk about it, a white christmas, almost always means more family time. It's exciting. Infact, I think I'll go make some hot cocoa and head off to bed to snuggle with my family :)

Happy Holidays!!!