Wednesday, July 23, 2008

To go over her head or not....that is the question

I've already decided that the ACEP girl is full of shit. Not only does she change her mind like the weather changes in Seattle (every 5 minutes) BUT she can't give me any hard rulings / policies that prove her decisions.



So I email a local ACEP chapter exhibit manager.



Just went to her exhibit in MI. And I have to say, it really was nicely run. At first I was a little aprehensive; the first day for 2 hours I stood there looking all pretty and not only did I not see any doctors, but I didn't see any other exhibitors (okay a few, but VERY few). She really pushed visiting the exhibitors during the other 2 days, and obviously told the docs that the reason that the conference was affordable was because of the exhibitors. I don't think I've ever heard so much "thank you for exhibiting...we are glad you are here". They could have been talking about my boobs.....but I'm pretty sure they were talking about my sponsorship of their continuing education. I talked to a lot of people. Alot were residents, which are NOT my target group - but I still picked up what I consider a hot lead. And if we pick up just one lead that turns into a prospect....its a good show. This show strongly encouraged giveaways. Drawings. I gave away a "nice" bottle of wine. I'm not actually sure it was nice because I have no idea what makes a nice wine other than enjoying it's taste. But it was rated at 96 points and was a 2003 vintage. AND I have to say that since buying it, its price has gone from $95 to $108. Thats a large increase (13% to be exact) Which the ACEP Bitch (as I lovingly refer to her as) said giving away alcohol was strictly forbidden by ama regulations...regulations that I can't seem to find. Bitch.



So back to my story...I email the exhibits director of the MI ACEP and say...hey, I heard that we aren't allowed to giveaway alcohol or cash, is that true....no she says...I can't find anything wrong with that...



So I email back, are you sure, is there someone that I can get confirmation from NATIONALY? And she gives me a rep nationally.



I think this might be a bad idea. It might be stiring the pot. What if she wasn't lying and she truely is the "top dog". Then I've just pissed her off by trying to go over her head. But she is backing me into a corner......and the stress of that alone is killing me.