Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cleaning Rampages.....

Want to know a little secret? I'm OCD. kinda. I think I have tendencies. One of them is cleaning rampages where I have to clean my house from top to bottom before I can even think about sleeping. Regardless of the fact that in the last week I've probably slept maybe 18 hours. What is really confusing? I dont' know what brings them on like 99% of the time. It's not like my house is "dirty" I just need to make sure it's clean.

Tonight I had a rampage. It started with dishes. Well technically it didn't. But that is where I started to clean; and then I went upstairs with the intention of playing with Stellanne in the bath. And then I remember that our dryer dried something weird and there were weird fuzz balls that I needed to be vaccumed out of the lint trap. (Random...I know, but isn't this the summer of randomness for me?) So I did, and as I vaccumed I realized the tops of the washer and dryer were dirty. So I wiped them down. Then I started a load of laundry. And then I realized we probably hadn't vaccumed in a while so I should vaccume.

With Stellanne moments away from crawling (gosh I hope she actually crawls...she might just go from rolling around to walking) I feel like I need to keep the floors extra clean.

So I vaccumed the upstairs, and in our house the upstairs alone is something like 1500 sq ft. And as I vaccumed near the bathroom, I noticed that the mirror was dirty. So I cleaned the bathroom. Wiped everything down, and now it smells pretty (the toilet cleaner I use smells like wintergreen, so everything smells minty fresh).

I then thought that I should vaccume the downstairs, so I did; which lead to cleaning my desk and dusting the downstairs. It also lead to chaging the "sheets" for the dogs bed.

What is most funny about my cleaning rampage? Stellanne loves the vaccume. Thinks it is hysterical. Something about it, maybe the sound, maybe the light that is suppose to show you the dirt. Who knows. Lisa says she gets as excited about the vaccume as she does about her bath each night.

And I have to say, that when Stellanne gets excited...she is super cute. Her grin with her two little bottom teeth is enough to even melt the Wicked Witch of the West's heart.

She also pats you....like "hey, look...there is something cool over there" Who knew that having a kid would make you so "weak hearted".

And that mildly brings me full circle. I don't think my dad was OCD, but when I become OCD, I think about him. Probably because my sister is OCD and we share my dad.