So I spent about ¾’s of my day looking for promotional items to giveaway at tradeshows.(So I wrote this yesterday...but I did spend that much time) It never ceases to amaze me what they have to #1 giveaway, and #2 put your logo on it like you are ultra proud. And the all important #3, someone probably does buy it.
The most unusual? Condoms….yes, you heard right. Condoms. I guess we could do the tag line…get Lucky with MedData! HAHAHA I make myself laugh. And actually the MOST unusual was the condom pop. I’m sure men love this one. “Honey, it is a lolly pop, it means it’s meant for your mouth” I’m really not sure who would purchases these. And I really can’t imagine what their brand messaging is. And what about the pepper spray pen. Sounds like trouble to me. I’m sure it could be used for a self defense class; but come on….handing it out at a tradeshow? It SCREAMS lawsuit to me.
On a positive note, I get the opportunity over the next few months to build up my frequent flyer miles AND visit new places. This month I'm heading down to Vegas for a conference. I'm mostly excited for this one not because it is in Vegas, but because it is the same sized show as my big show in Chicago. It will be interesting for me to see what other vendors do that is sucessful, get ideas and target my plan for our October show. God I hope it works like that!
Next month I'm off to Traverse City, Michigan. Which isn't all that exciting, but they are hosting it at this lodge (Great Wolf Lodge) which is a chain that is for families. The just put one in south of Olympia. Too bad I can't take my family. Lisa doesn't have the time to take off work and what time we could do it, I think it would just be too hard to do a short vacation (and mostly too expensive to do it)
At the end of August we (as a family) are heading down to Cali!!! Oh yes, my Cali peeps - you soon will get to see me. I like to pretend that I have paparazzi. We all know I don't, but please let me pretrend. Just for the labor day weekend, we'll end up being there all day Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon and Tuesday. Not to shabby. To bad it probably won't be all that relaxing...since we have SO many family members / friends we want to see. But I guess that is the point of life.
Next is Chicago!!! This one I am SO EXCITED for!!!! It feels like it is coming up super fast and I have a ton to do to get ready for the show, but I'm sure it will all come together. Right now my biggest fear is that I won't figure out how to really give away all I want to give away. My boss determined that the fight with the conference organization wasn't worth it; and I have to come up with about 6 giveaways to draw attention. Still going to do prize boxes, but with things like an all expense paid trip to Hawaii, a year of Wine, Set of Golf clubs, I thought a golf cart might be cool (it's still a vehicle) but I'm not sure if it crosses the imaginary line. I guess we'll see.
So if you are going to be near, Vegas, Traverse City, So. Cal, or Chicago - hit me up! I always love to see friends (and if your family? EVEN BETTER!!!)