Friday, June 13, 2008

Baby and Me Day

So my mom is sick. She doesn't get sick all that often; but when she does? whoa, what a duzy. Yesterday she wasn't feeling well at all so I took the day off of work to take care of the baby. And it was fun. Rarely do I get time with Stellanne on my own. Normally either Lisa or my Mom is there. And there seems to be a different feeling (I would almost categorize it as more confident) when you are the only parent. Stellanne is such an easy going kid that taking care of her is fun.

We played a lot when she was awake. Which isn't all that much playing, Stellanne just likes it when you sit near her while she plays with her toys. We did take some time out to watch one of our favorite shows....Top Chef. We both commented how we thought Richard should have won, but that Stephanie was also good.

I hope that as Stellanne grows up I get more days to just be me and her days. Not that I don't like spending family time together, but it is truely special when its just her and I. I think that this is an easy concept to think of right now, but when we have a second child, this concept will be much more difficult to bring to fruition.