Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Very Eventful day!

So my day started with winning. And you really can't get better than that....or can you? My boss (who is amazing) called the EVIL ACEP girl and ripped her a new one. He didn't tell me in so many words that he ripped her a new one, but sometimes actions speak more than words. And her actions today were like a dog with it's tail between it's legs.


Speaking of dogs, I guess I should back up. My day didn't start with winning, afterall. Gizmo was sick this morning. So sick that I woke up Lisa and made her take him to the ER. Damn dog ate something. Which isn't surprising, since his circumrence is more than double his height. And we JUST got over Herbie being sick. I toyed with the idea of taking Herbie to the vet, but he was really just lathargic and not eating. He only did it for one day, and the next day he was back to normal. Gizmo, on the other hand was having labored breathing. So off to the vet he went. To find out what? He ate a rock. Which is what I'm pretty sure Herbie ate. Stupid dogs. We give them food, infact we probably give them too much food - but I'd rather give them too much food than too little. End result? Hes fine and back to normal. We have to walk him more, since he has to work the rock out.


So then on my way to work, I won the battle. Exciting moment. I also got to tell my boss about my car giving away scheme. Although reserved, he was excited. I could tell. He asked for more information. I got it, and I have my hopes up that I will indeed give away a car. I have my eye on a BMW Z4 M Roadster (See below)


Completely loaded....nice huh?

So it doesn't stop. I find out the cost to offer this car...a mere $1K. I did a little happy dance at my desk. I still have more cost, ie: the direct mailing, plus the cost of the key faubs that we will be mailing out. But there is a downside. It doesn't work exactly the way I thought it did. I thought that we'd send out the key faubs, and then who ever had the winning faub won the car. Apparently the odds on the contests aren't great enough. So instead, we still send out the key faubs. The note on the card says bring this key to crack the code and win the BMW. No key faub, no chance to guess. (worded a little bit nicer) Then the contestant has to guess a 6 digit code to win the BMW. Odds are better for the insurance company not having to pay out. But really the best part about this information is that regardless of what happens with the ACEP girl, I get to give away the car. Afterall she can't controll what I do at my private event on te 2nd night. OH how exciting!!!!

Then I move on to creating graphics for this show in Boston that previously we weren't going to be allowed at. A few barriers to overcome, but thanks to my boss (did I mention he's amazing?) there are no barriers. I get to create a graphic that we will use on the booth of the company that we are purchasing's booth that says this is now our company and ask our specialists about guaranteeing your receipts (our "motto" for tradeshows). AND I find out that FedEx Kinko's will print this vinyl sign for a mere $30 and in just 1 day. Hell yes. (And Lisa's dad thinks I'm not blessed - HA!)

So then I get a call from one of my sales guys, giving me the low down on using the new tabletop exhibits that I designed. He got 10 leads. That is an amazing turn around. He went from struggling to get 1 person to talk to him,to 10 people that were actively interested in our company. And I designed it - all me. How exciting.

Then Stellanne turned 6 months today. CRAZY. Our little girl is getting so big. Previously we had decided that we would wait until Stellanne was 7 months old before introducing food. However, we mildly broke our own rule. Yesterday I bought a watermelon and just because (no real reason) we let her lick the watermelon. She has been increasingly more interested in watching us eat and figuring out how to do it. We tried giving her a sippy cup with breast milk in it, but she thinks she is a big girl and prefers to drink milk or water out of a real cup. It's quite cute and we let her do it. But today rolled around and we decided that we'd try feeding her rice cereal in her milk. She liked it. At first she wasn't sure; but all in all - she loved it. We are hoping it means longer sleeping at night. Keep your fingers crossed for us. You can see pictures of her first time eating on flickr (www.flickr.com/photos/robertonfamily)

The last noteworthy thing of today is that I made strawberry rhubarb jam for the first time. It was rather exciting. I always loved strawberry rhubarb pie when I was a kid - so it seemed like this would be a good idea. Hopefully it turns out well.