So lately I’ve been counting my blessings. Mostly, in all honesty, because of a discussion I had with Lisa’s Dad. I feel like I need to prove to him that Lisa and I really do have a perfect life. That if we were such terrible people, succumbing to our disease of homosexuality that God wouldn’t bless us in so many ways.
I think it’s a good little “pick me up” too. AND its hard not to think about your blessings when you have children. Regardless of whether or not you think they are supplied by a god, they are a blessing (except at 3 o’clock in the morning when they wake up and think it’s time to play….but I digress).
So today it occurs to me that I am where I’m supposed to be. 6 months ago I was in a job that really was dead end. There was ABSOLUTELY no ability to move up. I was at the highest point that I could actually get to. I hated my job; but I didn’t really know it. I was so stressed out that I pretty much was drinking myself to death fall asleep at night. In just 6 short months things have changed drastically. Our daughter is growing like crazy. She even typed an email to me this morning. Unfortunately, it had to be complete translated by Lisa since she wasn’t actually able to type in the English language. (This made my day!) I’m in a job that I feel completely empowered in. I feel like I am growing professionally and most importantly personally. I take great pride in what I’m doing, and honestly…I have a lot to be proud of.
In a time where companies are in a HUGE economic crunch my company is growing. I barely feel the hit of gas prices because lucky me, I get to work from home on most days. I work for downright honest people. They don’t hide things, they don’t try to be sneaking. Infact people that operate like that are frowned upon. How, refreshing.
My relationship is probably the strongest its ever been. Lisa and I have been communicating more than we ever have in the past, and I love it. What’s funny is that 6 months ago, I couldn’t even begin to imagine being in the place that I am today. I feel like I owe it all to Stellanne. The day she was born was really a turning point.
Side note – have you ever watched the show “Sliders”? It has Jerry O’Connell in it. In the show he is a college student that stumbles upon a machine that opens up wormholes between alternate worlds. IE: In our world green means go and red means stop. He lands in a world where the opposite is true. Green means stop and Red means go.
I feel like the day Stellanne was born I jumped into a worm hole and got the better end of the deal. The Janette that didn’t step through the worm hole is very unhappy and her life doesn’t have much opportunity in it. Where as I get to live out the life of the Janette that has direction, opportunity and advancement available to her. SUCH an amazing feeling. I feel like that song “Futures so bright I gotta wear shades.” I am a pretty optimistic person; I always have been. Even at my lowest points I always think things are going to get better. And so I cautiously say – I think things will get better. I don’t want to hex myself; but I feel so very lucky where I am.
Now if I could only fit in a regular workout schedule into this life. My next goal in my personal life is to fit in workouts. Now that the weather is getting nicer, it should be easier. If you have suggestions, email me