Current mood: Tired and Painful
Well I was released 1 day early from the hospital, and my surgeon said that I was the "poster child" for gastric bypass. The surgery itself went really smooth, the surgeon said that my liver was the perfect size (good thing I did that no good very bad diet) and that my insides were beautiful. The hospital stay wasn't too bad, but I am very glad to be home. I'm sure that the people at the hospital thought we were crazy, we were taking pictures of everything. But if I'm going to pay 22 thousand dollars for something, I'm at least going to get a scrapbook out of it :)
My recovery includes a lot of walking, right now I'm up to 13 minutes every hour. By the end of next week I have to be up to 20 minutes every hour. The walking helps a lot, it breaks up the muscle spasm, helps my instestines wake up, works out my lungs, and gives me extra energy. I have been really tired, but unable to sleep for long periods of time. It seems my body gets stale and hurts, and so I wake up.
The hardest part seems to be eating enough (I know, who would have thought) My goal is at least 32 oz per day. I've been eating since 6 am today and I'm still 8 oz short. I can only eat 1 oz at a time and have spread it out over 10 minutes. I have no desire to eat, I'm sure it's because my stomach is still healing, but who knew that 32 oz would be so hard to get done.
Lisa has been great at taking care of me, I am very lucky to have her. She has been taking care of every thing. She makes sure that take all of my medications, and stays on me about drinking all of my liquid. She also helps me around the house, I'm sure she is exhausted. However, she just made cookies - so I could kill her. I still have cravings even if I can't eat and cookies are on the top of my list. I guess I envy Lisa for being able to eat the cookies. My cravings are so weird. I want to eat things but mostly I just want to taste them, I don't want to actually eat them and swallow. What a weird felling.
I plan to post pictures, as I'm not only going to chart my weightloss but also document via pictures my weightloss.