Wednesday, April 26, 2006

24 lbs down

Current mood: restless

So I've lost a total of 24 lbs today; this is since February when I went for my first consultation. I think a lot of it is water weight as I don't feel my clothes are drowning me. Not that I've been really wearing regular clothes, jammies are supposed to be loose. Next week will be a big adjustment when I go back to work. I am hoping to go back part time for at least a week. I am so tired that I just can't imagine going to work for 8 hours a day. We'll see how my boss reacts to that.Lisa went back to work today. It is hard to not have her around. Not only was she a big help around the house but it was nice to spend so much time with her. Just being next to her makes me feel better. I know that sounds corney; but its true. Just her touch seems to calm me and makes me feel better - she is like a very good drug.

On a totally different subject. I've been watching different shows, my somewhat favorite one is "My Super Sweet 16". It amazes me that parents are so stupid that they spend thousands on a stupid 16th birthday party. Today I watched one that they spent something like 150,000. Not counting the TWO cars that they bought their daughter. I wonder if they see that this set up will ruin their daughter. What happens if she doesn't find a super rich "sugar daddy" to take care of her in the future? Or if you spend 150,000 on a 16th birthday party, how much do they spend on their weddings? And I wonder what these girls will think about how they acted when they are in the 30's? Sometimes when I see home movies from when I was 14/15ish I am embarassed about my attitude. I acted as if the world owed me something. These girls act as if the world is theirs for using and discarding, it amazes me that their parents don't just smack them. I hope that when my child is that age that I don't actually kill them from their attitude.