Sunday, May 14, 2006

One Week of Plateauing

Current mood: skinny-er

So this last week I plateaued all week. How frustrating. I think my body is just having a hard time with the rapid weightloss. I essentially lost 30 lbs in 2 weeks and on the 3rd week it said "ENOUGH". Still it was a little reminisant of when I dieted. I would be doing really really good - not change a thing and not lose one single pound. Today I jumped on the scale and I had lost 2 lbs - bringing the total to 31 lbs. THANK GOODNESS.

Everyone that I told this to this week kept saying - well you shouldn't be jumping on the scale every day. But it is very hard not to jump on the scale every day. Especially when every day for the first 2 weeks I lost weight. I am going to try very hard this week not to jump on the scale every day. I got on today, so I'm going to aim for Wednesday to be my next weigh-in day. We'll see if I have the will power to restrain myself.

Kinda on another subject, I need shorts for summer. I feel bad wanting to purchase some because in 1 or 2 months they will be too big and I will have wasted that money because at best I would wear them 2 times a week (Saturday and Sunday) The pair of shorts I have now are WAY to big. They hang down past my knees and are pulled up over my tummy (think Urkel). I am going to try to alter them and see how that goes. Hopefully I won't ruin them. I also have to get one of those plastic ring sizers as I feel that I will loose my wedding ring at any time. It is very loose on my hand and I tend to get animated when I talk. I'm not going to resize it until I am at least a year post-op. That would really be a waste of money. I am doing better with eating. I have not eaten fast since that once. Mental cravings are the worst - I am physically not hungry but I desire weird things (Ceasar Salad, Chinnese Food, Nachos, carrots with ranch, artichokes, eggplant, corn-nuts, a ham sandwich etc) Not that I couldn't really have any of these things - but it doesn't make sense to buy a table spoon of say chow-mein. Lisa and I went out to breakfast with my family yesterday and we bought one meal and didn't even finish it. It was the first time we had gone out to eat and I have to say I did really well. The only thing that concerns me is that I never feel full. And the wish center said that I could eat up to 1/2 c or until I felt full. I wonder if this is a feeling that I have and just don't recognize it yet. I try to focus a lot of my thoughts on my new stomach while I eat, but I've only had the full feeling once and I had't eaten all that much. Learning my new body is a challenge.