Monday, May 15, 2006

I didn't weight myself today

Current mood: accomplished

Oh and how hard it is. I want to peak - just something to hold me over till wednesday. I promised myself I wouldn't - so I didn't.

Tomorrow is my 1 month anniversary. Hard to believe that its been 4 weeks since I got my gastric bypass. I learn new things about my body every day. I think my biggest fear is not actually losing weight (could be why staying away from the scale is so hard). The question I get asked the most is do I miss food. I think that this is a funny question because I still eat. Smokers have it easy; if they want to stop smoking they just have to stop. People who overeat still have to eat to live. My tastes have slightly changed. Last night we had pizza and I doubt I could even finish a 1X1 inch square. Not that it tasted bad - but it really wasn't satisfying. Popcicles are my favorite thing to eat (no real change there - I've always loved popcicles) Cheese is still a weakness. Mentally I could eat tons and tons of cheese. Luckly, after a few bites my body is good and done eating. Cheese is good for me, it has protien - so I guess its good that its something I like. I have decided I HATE protein shakes. During the week I force myself to drink them. I have it for breakfast, and mid morning snack and if there is some left over I have it for a pre-lunch snack. Once it is gone I reward myself with real food. I know I need the protein - so I do this little "trick"; but it still doesn't make them taste all that good. Not that they taste all that bad. But if you HAD to drink chocolate milk everymorning that had an after-taste of chalk, you may not like chocolate milk any more. The things I do for my body.

On another subject, I think I want to learn how to roller-blade. I mean I have always wanted to learn but something about my body has always held me back. I hope that as I get thinner I will be able to master the task of moving both feet while roller blading (yes, I have issues - right now only one foot moves at a time; I've tried ice skating and pretty much I move in circles). This desire to learn was intensified today, as it is very nice outside and lots of other people are roller blading. Ahhh- someday.