Current mood: tired
So if I had to give you a description of my work life using a book I would use the book "The Devil Wears Prada". Not to say I don't like my job. Somedays I LOVE it. Somedays I'm positive that I am on the TV show PUNK'd. I work around so many characters - funny ones, crazy ones, nice ones, did I mention crazy ones? My worklife can be sureal - and never have I found anything that so acurately describes feelings that I have about my work than when I was reading the book "The Devil Wears Prada" (Thank you Chris!!!)
So tonight we were watching Desparate Housewives (thank you TiVo), and there it was an ad for the movie "The Devil Wears Prada". I am so excited. Mostly because I think people will read the book and then they will really know how crazy my boss can be. He's been known to send me out to get lunch for him specified down to how many sprouts he wants on his tuna sandwich (116 no more no less) and after 1 bite be done and want ice cream. I exagerate - but the truth is he has come very close to that exact senario. He won't eat chicken (not that he doesn't like the taste but he doesn't like the way they are killed) and yet he eats turkey (I think they must be killed very similarly). But it's not just about my boss, the atmosphere at my work can be crazy - like I'm the only sane person in the entire office. I BEG you please read "The Devil Wears Prada" before it comes out on Video; they always mess them up and this book is so good I didn't care when I was listening to it that I was laughing out loud on the bus.
I'm positive that the person that wrote the book knew my boss and this other person who works there (we'll call her Satan just for kicks)Let me tell you this story - so this person (who shall remain unnamed) hates me; I think it was because she freaked me out when she called me at 9pm one night "just to talk" and we weren't friends. (Hello you big FREAK - I'm madly in Love with Lisa - why are you calling me?!?!?!) at first I thought she just wanted a friend until Lisa and I went out on a double date with her; and Lisa and I both got weird vibes- so NOT cool. So I denied her my friendship - so now she hates me.
One day at work (and I promise this is a true story), she asks me what perfume I'm wearing because she is having an allergy attack from it. I tell her that unfortunately it can't be me because that morning I ran out of the house and forgot to put perfume on. She tells me shes sure its me, so I must be wearing lotion. Yet again, so sorry to dissappoint, but in my hurried rush I failed to put lotion on as well. I was positive that this would be the end of it; as I could not possibly be root of her attack. WRONG. She proceeds to have other people walk by my desk and "sniff" me to see if they can smell what she smells and is having a terrible reaction to. After all of her "spys" report a negative test result - she proceeds to "sniff" me herself. Now last time I checked - this is not the desired way to treat allergies. I've never met anyone that is allergic to cats that shoves their face into the cat to verify it is the cat that is making them break out in hives. So I again explain that I'm very sorry but I'm not wearing perfume or lotion, but I am wearing deoderant and I draw the line at not wearing deoderant because someone is "allergic" to me. She infact told everyone she had to go home because she was "allergic" to me. She is certifiably CRaZy!!!!
One last desparate plea - read the book; you'll love it. And if you feel like you are the only sane person in your office you'll be as crazy about it as I am!!!