Current mood: sore
Oh what a bad day! So today I had a bad complication from eating too fast. So this morning I woke up and had a cramp in my stomach. Kinda like if you sleep wrong and get a cramp in your neck - mine was in my stomach. So first you have to know that I was working on the travel plans of my boss - which has to be the hardest thing I ever have to do. To fully appreciate my hell you'd have to read the book the Devil wears Prada. My boss is the cheapest demanding person I've ever met. He wants to fly first class for free, and expects me to figure out how to get that goal accomplished!
So my day was incredibly busy making these travel arrangements - plus doing everything else that they want me to do. Another thing you need to know is that I am on a pureed food diet right now. I'll be on it until May 28th. Its not as bad as one might think - my favorite thing to eat is chicken nuggets. They taste great! I also have to get in a ton of protein while I'm losing so much weight. This is so my body will eat my fat instead of eating my muscle. So when packing my breakfast/lunch this morning I decided that the breakfast I was having (baby oatmeal mixed with milk and a fruit) didn't have enough protein. So I decided that I would eat a danish pancake (sweet egg crepe) with some sugarfree chocolate pudding. Both of which have protien. My thought since I didn't have time to puree the danish pancake was that I would chew it very throughly before swallowing. I have successfully done this "trick" before when pureeing isn't convient. So at about 10am I realize that I should eat my "breakfast". Since I don't get hungry anymore I just have to look at the clock and know when to eat. I guess I left one thing out - I don't take breaks. My boss doesn't like them (you REALLY have to read the Devil wears Prada) so I work through my lunch and all of my breaks. So I started to eat and work and I must have reverted to my pregastric bypass eating. Because all of a sudden I got this major pain on my chest (yes near my cramped muscle). It felt like an elephant was stepping on my chest. I realized that not only had I eaten too fast (4 tblspns in 6 or 7 minutes) but I don't think I pureed my food like I should have. I have never had pain this bad - keeping in mind I just got done have abdominal surgery - this was TERRIBLE pain! It did give me negative reinforcement - so I can guarantee that I won't be eating like that for a LONG time. Other than that I am doing well. Today is 3 weeks post-op. I've lost 29 lbs and I have started to feel it in my clothes. I have a skirt that I altered prior to my gastric bypass because it was too big and now the alterations aren't small enough. It is a good feeling. One more thing - a rant really. How is that people like Brittany Spears are allowed to get pregnant? CPS has been called out to her home like 3 times and her kid is only 8 months old! Just because you can get pregnant doesn't mean you should!! I guess the saying is true you can take the poor out of poor white trash people - but you can never take the white trash out of people.