Thursday, February 19, 2009

3 inches in 3 months

Stellanne is a TALL kid. I knew this; it's not all that much of a surprise to me. At school she is one of the tallest kids in her class, even though she is one of the youngest. The other day at the park, the little girl she tried to kiss was the same height as her even though the little girl clearly had the vocabulary of a child at least 1 year older. She's already wearing 2T clothing.

Yet I was still surprised when we went to the doctor yesterday and she had grown 3 inches in the last 3 months. CRaZy! I think the doctor thinks we don't feed her either. She's only in the 45%tile for weight. He actually asked us if we restricted her food. We don't. At all. And some mornings I feel like she's eaten so much she might actually burst. But luckily...she hasn't. Stellanne will be a tall and lanky kinda girl. Unfortunately, it will only take her 6 more months to out grow me!

I have to say that I'm impressed with her eating. I know, it's a weird thing to be impressed about, but Stellanne eats what we eat. Thanks to a friend, we just remembered that kids her age like frozen veggies; so at least now she is consistantly getting a veggie at dinner. Before she really only ate the veggies if #1 they were broccoli or #2 they were califlower smothered in cheese. She has always liked cucumber, but we didn't give it to her every night. Now she is at least eating a few nibbles of frozen corn or peas each night. But other than being worried that she's not eating enough veggies, she isn't a picky eater. She LOVES chili, and a baked shells casserole that I make. It's nice to not worry that my child won't eat the dinner that I make for the rest of the family. I'm always fearful of becoming one of those parents that cooks 2 meals. One for the family, and one for the baby.

It's too bad the doctor can't see her pack away the food. Especially in the morning. She is a BIG breakfast eater. Oh well. Good news is she is healthy (relatively speaking since she goes to school) and she is progressing at a "normal" rate. The doctor said if she continues on her height chart, she will probably be 5'7". I think she'll be taller. Lisa is 5'6" and I don't think she was this tall when she was Stellanne's age. Who knows, maybe she's done growing for a year. Guess we'll find out in 4 months.