Saturday, November 1, 2008

So I'm back from my whril-wind

So I have never been so glad to be back home. Last night was the best nights sleep I've had in about 2 months. The good news? The events were all very sucessful. And we got about 10x the response this year than we did last year. The "bad" news is that I have a lot to change for next year. I have to say I learned THE most this year.

I kept a list of things to change because at this point without looking at the list the only 3 things I can come up with is that I need a coat rack in the conference room, storage in the conference room and that I need to visit the venue for our reception before making any descisions. However, my list of things to change has about 20 things on it. At least I knew enough to know that I wouldn't remember unless I wrote it down.

I got very little time to sight see; but I did have the opportunity to go visit the John Hancock tower SkyDeck that had the most beautiful views of Chicago. And the weather was absolutely perfect. VERY VERY cold and crystal clear. I couldn't have prayed for any better weather. I walked the Magnificint Mile a few times and fell in love with the food.

I do have to tell you that if you go to Chicago, be sure to go to Giordano's and get their deep dish stuffed pizza. It was amazing. The warning I give that no one gave me? It takes at least 45 minutes to make one. Well worth the wait; but if you are like me and planning to do take out...it kinda sucks to have to wait that long drinking iced tea to kill the time.

We also went to Fulton's on the River; which has the absolute best Calamari I've ever had. I'm sure it has ruined all calamari for me in the future. But I'm glad that I at least got the opportunity to try it.

We will probably visit Chicago again, it was an amazing city with a ton of things to do - most of which I only got to "see" and not do.

Right now, I'm off to go spend some quality time with my girls.