Sunday, October 5, 2008

A movie you HAVE to see....

so I rarely have the need to see movies in the theater. The cost is terrible and usually the sound is WAY too loud. Infact, in the past say 3 years, I think I've only seen 3 or 4 movies in the theater. 1 of them was the Indiana Jones, and if I'm not mistaken, the others were all Harry Potter.

Today Lisa and I went to go see Religulous. A "mockumentary" film about religion.

Not right now, because Lisa and I don't "belong" to a synogague, but 2 years ago; one might have classified us as religious on paper. Which I mildly think is funny. I'm probably the least religious person I know. Well....I take that back I know more; but for classifying myself as a jew, I'm pretty non-religious. I am positive that I don't know it all. I'm also positive that neither does anyone else; and anyone that claims they know is full of shit. Sorry to use the strong language; but it is nessisary. I get angered at religion. Well okay, lets take that back. I don't get angered at religon, I get angered at religous followers. Mostly for the reason that they see fit to make sure I believe their beliefs. And I don't. I've never talked to god; but I'm pretty sure there is a greater power; and in my mind; there is no such thing as a vengfull god. There just can't be.

Having Stellanne has put a whole new perspective on it. I can't hate her. She prefers Lisa over me; and sometimes; she doesn't want me at all to "solve" her problems. It completely hurts my feelings. But do I hate her for that? Would I smite her for that? Hell NO. I love her; and all I can continue to do is love her; I would NEVER wish her harm.

But yet, many religions say that god would smite us. Aren't we gods "children"; how is that even possible. I just don't see how, without being crazy, one could wish harm upon their child. Small all the way through to terrible; the things that Stellanne does may frustrate me; but they could NEVER EVER in a million years make me wish her dead.

So I digress; Bill Mahers news film pretty much made me laugh out loud so much I could have pee'd my pants. People don't have answers to what they belive in. And I absolutely hate when they say that the word "FAITH" means to believe without proof. Give me a freaking break. I highly suggest you see it...unless of course you are a religous person and can't take critisim. Then I highly suggest not seeing in. Enjoy the preview.