Friday, October 3, 2008

And Addendum

So Lisa read my last blog and took it the wrong way. Living up to the words "I'll never be disappointed in you" is more complicated than one person not being disappointed in me. It's always working to not disappoint. Lisa and Stellanne love me, so I can't disappoint them. As my Mom once said "Even if you were a murder, I'd still love you".

And while it's great to have a family that loves me; personally I need to feel as if I'm accomplishing something. There's no gold metal waiting for me at the end of my life; there is only the ability to say, this is who I am, and how I became me.

One of the ways that I plan on being the best me, is to live up to making people not disappointed in me, regardless of mistakes and errors. My boss uses the term creating a culture of champion. For you see, not all champions are winners; but all winners are champions. It's working your hardest and best; even when that means you make a mistake. It's learning from your mistakes and errors to not repeat them. It's sometimes learning from others mistakes; and sometimes it's catching a mistake or error in the process.

I guess I conveyed that wrong in my last post; I'm not living up to one person; although that person gave me the inspiration to try to live up to those words. Had I met my boss before I met him; I'd probably use the phrase creating a culture of champion.