Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Almost Famous

Sad, but true....I was almost famous again! Last night aired the series of episodes on Little People, Big World in which they talk about the pumpkin season. As you may, or may not know; my family visited Rolloff farms this last October to get pumpkins. It was an amazing trip. Not only was the weather perfect, but we actually got to meet all of the family members but one (Jacob the youngest). It was a great trip, the pumpkins were great and we even took a tour of the farm where our driver was Zach.

So after MONTHS of waiting we finally saw the episodes that were partially taped when we were at the farm. Unfortunately, the show determined that if they put me on; people would no longer have interest in the Rolloffs, so they would have to cut all of the footage of me. Understandable. You can't have a star as an extra.

However, that is not to say that all of my family member weren't the perfect material for extra. My mom and sister Chris both made it on the show (although, if you ask my mom she's not quite sure that it is here - but confirmation from Lisa ensures that it is). As they are taping an interview with Amy (the mom) my mom and sister can be found in the upper left hand corner of the TV screen. (Episode: Trebueuche take two, scene 3 minutes in). I think that we will go back next year, but I have determined that we will dress Stellanne up as a cute little baby pumpkin and they will have no choice but to put her on the show. :)

Speaking of Stellanne, our little girl is a moving. She has fully grasped the concept of rolling over. Last Monday she rolled over while no one was in the room. Much to her (and my mom's) surprise she rolled from her back to tummy. Since she doesn't like tummy time, I anticipated that it would be a good month before she attempted this move again. But she proved me wrong. Saturday morning Lisa and I were getting ready to go to my mom's house to finish painting; Stellanne was playing on her mat while Lisa did her hair and I put clothes away. I made a quick stop in our closet to come out and find our baby on her tummy. She stayed there for a few moments and then we flipped her back. Apparently we flipped her back to soon because while I was watching (Lisa was brushing her teeth) Stellanne rolled over AGAIN!! After alerting Lisa that she did it again, Lisa stayed in the room until she rolled over again. It was a very exciting moment. Not that rolling over is all that exciting. But its amazing to me that this child that 4 months ago was really just floppy skin and bones, now has the dexderity to grab my hair and pull really hard, mimic our sounds and come up with new ones on her own, and now she can control her body enough to roll over. It's crazy!