Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm over it.....

Current mood: sleepy

Okay, I'm feeling better about the rumor. Seems what I thought was a non-stop talking about me was more like a mumur about me. The rumor was so unbelievable that people didn't believe it...I think. Anyways -it reminded me of the first dance I went to in JR high. And I danced with the cutest boy in our class....something Goldman (I only remember his last name, because my mom was POSITIVE that he was jewish - not so much) Anyways...goldman boy touched my butt and I was so horrified that the next day (dances in jr high are always held on a thursday night) that everyone knew that he had touched my butt. At this point, I can't remember why I thought this was a bad thing (I was 12 so who knew WHAT I was thinking) and actually when I think about it, it was kinda a compliment - but me the over analizer, thought this was horrendous. So I think the same is true of this "rumor"; I should be flattered that it even got started....I am just sad that it made it to my boss. But this too shall pass. Funny how when my mom said that to me when I was 12 all I could think was "AWWW, MOM, you know nothing"

So texas is WET. The rain in TX is about the same amount that Seattle gets, the only difference is that the TX rain really means it. The people here actually carry umbrellas, because if you don't you become soaked. I actually got stuck in the grocery store for about 15 minutes on Monday. It was raining so hard that it flooded the parking lot in less than 10 minutes. CRAZY rain. I now understand flash flooding - and why it could be scary. Unfortunately it wrecks havic with my hair...nothing is worse than my hair 1/2 wet - I become a frizzy ball of waves (ick!!)

I'm actually ready to move down here - I wish that we could do it now, since that would just make my (and Lisa's) life easier. I miss being away from her terribly - and I dread Seattle for numerous reasons (mostly traffic, cost of gas, and the attitudes of people) Plus it would be nice to be in my own home with my own stuff. I miss my car, my bed, my tivo's....and my family. Lisa and the puppies are hard to be away from. I'm a snuggler, and right now I have NOTHING to snuggle with.

I also think that moving once we have the baby is going to be hard. But I guess we'll see how it goes. I just want a bigger house. And my family near me. And I think Lisa is ready to make to move too - I just wish I could move all of our friends and family with us. I'm positive that after just a few weeks in Austin they will love it as much as I do. I think one night at the Hula Hut (they have more boat parking than car parking) and everyone would be ready to move. I guess I'll just have to convince them one at a time as they visit.

OH so on a completely different subject - I have fallen in love with napster. Since I have radio ADD - napster is the PERFECT solution. I just add the songs I want and tah-dah - I have great car music (and actually music I listen to at work - makes the day go eaiser) So if you also have music ADD (or even music ADHD) please get napster - makes your life much easier.