Saturday, June 16, 2007

Off to TX again

Current mood: exhausted

So I'm in TX again for the next 2 weeks. However there is good news to this. I will be back in time for us to have an ultra sound that will tell us the sex of the baby!!!!! yeah!! We can't wait. People always ask 2 questions, the first one - are you going to find out (ummm hello --- do you even know me?!?!?!) and the second one is always - do you have names picked out.

So yes to both. We WILL find out, even if I have to stick my hand in there and move the baby manually, we will know on July 9th (everyone is giving us horror stories of not being able to find out). And so far we are set on a girls name. Stellanne Stewart Roberton. If it is a boy we have mixed feelings. It could be Jackson Stewart Roberton (a top runner) or Joshua Stewart Roberton. And anyone who knows me, knows that 2 of my best friends are named Joshua, but I feel like classifying - Lisa and I just like the name. It sounds Presidential. Well, actually both of them do, no I take that back all 3 of them do. Afterall Stellanne might be the President that brings peace to the earth.

On other news we have started to move forward with moving. We are putting our house up on the market - if we sell early we will move back in with my mom. Which will be good for Lisa, since my work is taking me away from home more often, it seems that it would be better to have her in a place where someone else is. We have movers coming this weekend to pack up larger items, that make our house look small for showing, into a storage unit. We do get to do something fun - we get to set the second bedroom up as a nursery. Since we already have the crib, and it will make that room seem much larger - it seemed like a natural fit. Plus it reduces the amount of "decorating" we will have to do.

This last week was FILLED with interviewing realtors. Do you know how expensive it is to sell a home? No one EVER tells you that. So realtors want to get paid (6%) and then you have closing costs (6%) so before you know it, the $25K you thought you made on your house has dwindled to $12K. But that is okay. A profit is a profit. And we couldn't have made that kind of money by putting our down payment into a bank. We did find a great realtor that has reduced his commission to 1.25% (from 3%) and actually knows what he is talking about. So we hope that with his help we'll sell the house at what we are asking.

This weekend is CRaZy busy, we have a community garage sale (that Lisa will be manning) while I direct movers to take our stuff to storage. AND while carpet installers, install new carpeting on the stairs. Plus we have our BEST friends birthday dinner, which I'm very excited about. It is a completely chocolate dinner - with both savory and sweet elements (can you tell I watch iron chef?) And then Sunday morning at the butt ass crack of dawn I fly out to TX.

Oh and to my cyber stalkers - and you know who you are. I want to warn you that I have a blog brewing in my mind about you :)