Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Starting over with my computer

So I decided that my computer was running "slow". We bought this computer in 2004 when we bought our house. And lately it has been taking what seems like hours (okay 15 minutes) to start up. So I got this BRILLANT idea to start over and re-install Windows. To erase the spy-ware and such. Too bad that I didn't think that I needed to "save" the drivers on the computer. I, of course, saved every picture and important file..but neglected to save drivers. So I re-install windows to find that every piece of hardware on my computer no longer has an application. Apparently when you install a new OS applications are what you buy, not what you have. I nearly sh*t my pants when I realized I made a mistake.

The conversation in IT when something like this....."So, suppose that you thought your system was running slow...and suppose you thought the answer to this problem was reinstalling XP....but when you reinstalled xp you realized that there were no applications...what would you do?"

First...they laughed. Not so funny for me. 2nd they showed me how to reinstall. Thank god. How I miss Joshua. My IT guys aren't the "smartest" and usually judge me. So tonight, I am writing from my MUCH faster, but less'd abilitied computer :) Again, I reitterate...I MISS JOSHUA.