Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lost Blog.......

Current Mood: optimistic
So it occurs to me that my readers don't actually suck, but more that MySpace lost my last last blog. Since I put up a blog of how Lisa and I were expecting and not one of my readers replied. So here it goes in rewritting it.

Lisa and I are so excited that we are expecting our first child in November/December. We are officially over the 1st trimester and can't wait to welcome our little one into the world!! 3 weeks ago we went for our first ultrasound. Which was exciting, all we could "really" make out was a leg (or a very well endowed boy j/k) but the most exciting part was hearing the heartbeat. It actually made me tear up to hear the movement of our baby's heart.

These first 3 months have not been what I expected. Lisa and I have been trying for so long (the last year) that I had this impression that you get pregnant and then until like the 8th month everything is just normal. SO not true. At first there was the tired thing - which I get. Afterall she is creating another life. Then there is the neausea thing - where even the smell of me grosses her out. There haven't been any real weird cravings; although we are required to keep a box of Life Cearal in the house at all times for fear that we run out like that one time and it made her cry. The emotions are crazy - Lisa who is the most even keeled person I know has drastically changed. She will get mad at one of the dogs and proceed to ask them a question: "Herbie, why did you just pee there?" what's funny is when he doesn't answer, she asks like 4 more times and then gets pissed that he didn't answer her to begin with :) She has also lost her tact. Which is a shocking transformation for Lisa since I reiterate she is the most even keeled, sweet, caring person I know.

As we head into the second trimester I am praying that all of the books aren't lying and that this really will be our HoneyMoon stage. Although it does make it difficult since it must be hard to honeymoon when I'm 1/2 across the country.