Thursday, May 10, 2007

I hate hotels.....

Current mood: awake
So its 5 am in TX and I can't sleep. I'm pretty sure its because I'm in a damn hotel and they ick me out!

I actually woke up cold, which I didn't know was a possibility in TX. Apparently it does get cold here. And infact it even rains (which is much better than the humidity). The bed is harder than a rock, there is an air conditioning vent right over my bed (that doesn't seem to care that it is freezing the hell out of me) and I'm not sure what the person in the room above me is doing...but I'm pretty sure that it's not getting ready for work.

Surprisingly, I like TX. Austin is an amazing town. I think the people are great, I'm always shocked when I come to visit here how nice the people are. They actually make eye contact and smile. And they are all polite!! People will go out of their way to help you. Case in point. So in the Seattle office even if you someone in the parking garage sees you get out of your car and walk straight over to the elevator, rarely will they hold it. I think it's only happend once, and it was someone that I work with. Today alone the elevator was held for me 3 times. And not just by men, which you would assume would be the "culprits"; but no there are just nice people in Austin.

I also like the liberalness (that's not a word, I know) one of my co-workers was telling me that in his neighborhood there are 3 gay families. Not just couples, but families with kids and happy, healthy, well adjusted kids. That is so exciting. Even in Seattle you would be hard pressed to get a neighborhood with that many gay families...tons of gay people, not many gay families. I think my boss makes me come down here so often because it's hard not to want to move here more each time I visit. And not to mention, if I moved here I wouldn't have to stay in icky hotel rooms.

So now we come full circle, hotel rooms to hotel rooms. I hate the thought of other people in the same bed as me. I know...they are supposed to change the sheets..blah, blah blah. Do they change the bed spread? Do they clean the couch, chairs, walls?!?! I don't think so and all I can think about is the Dateline where they blacklight the hotel room and stains show up all over room...ick!