Current mood: sad
So my one year anniversary passed and I've lost 143 lbs. That is about the only good thing I can think of happening in the month of April. I think as a world we should ban together and get rid of April. We can have a new month....I would try to combine March and May (Mary) but that seems a bit odd. We could call it Gonzo, often a name that sparks smiles, but I doubt many people want to say "Yes, my birthday is the the 10th of Gonzo" and it would look weird on wedding announcements "Billy and Jane invite you to their sacred ceremony dedicating their lives together on Sunday, the 20th of Gonzo" takes the wind out of it.
Who knows maybe people think the month of August sounds that exact way.
As I wallow in self pitty, all I can think about is the people that have it worse than me; those who are fighting for our country (away from their families and friends) those who are defending themselves against those that are fighting for us, mothers and fathers that had to bury their college kids, college kids that have lost all sense of fun since they had to bury their best friends, those of us that can't believe it's been 12 years since the person they loved the most has been gone, etc. I wish with all of my heart that my dad wouldn't have died on the same day as the Oklahoma City Bombing...it would make his death so much easier (I think).
I have so much to be greatful for...Lisa, she is always there for me no matter how much I try to fuck up our relationship, my family, as crazy as it may be, is always there for me, my friends, who don't seem to be bother by the fact that I become a totally different person in April (month soon to be known as Gonzo), for my little dogs that kiss me just for being near them (who knew unconditional love was so fantastic). I wish and hope for everyone that the next year brings only happiness, and that my future blogs are my normal happy self.